Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Show Me Challenge

Well, last release, we challenged players to come up with a fun and unique twist on a challenge, suggest it and they could win a chance to be in the Flourishes spotlight – not only would their challenge be picked, they would be the superstar of the day ushering one of our noon time release week  challenges as well!

Join Linda Carson as she challenges us to check out Flourishes' Tutorial Library! If you haven't checked it out, there are dozens upon dozens of ideas to get those creative juices flowing! Simply give one a try and you'll be in the running for this fun-filled challenge. Keyword FLLCORW2. Deadline for entry is October 21st at 5PM EST.


I chose Amanda Havon's tutorial from this week's Limelight.  She posted a tutorial on how to make a luminary.   I didn't do mine exactly like hers because I could not find the same luminary she used.   I took a glass candle holder, some faux tea lights, and some mulberry paper and created my own box.  I think next time I will chose a mulberry paper without so much pattern.  I stamped on the paper with the new set called Season Of Celebrations.  Then I embossed the image to give it a dark look.  

Season Of CelebrationCandle

I added the faux candles and my luminary was all ready to go.  Sorry about the poor photography. It has been raining for days here and it tough to get a good picture.  Thanks Linda for a great challenge and Amanda for a wonderful tutorial. I got one Christmas gift checked off my list.


How to Play:

Simply scroll through Flourishes Tutorial Library.  Once you find a technique or project that you’d like to give a try, have some creative fun and make it! After you’re done, be sure to share a link to the post on our tutorial library, so we can all see what inspired you! Be sure to link up to this post using our inlinkz widget. You need to do that in order to be in the running. If you upload to SCS, please use the keyword FLLCORW2. You have until Friday, October 14st at  5PM EST to enter! Let’s get that name game started and get creative!

Be sure to link back to the Flourishes post for all the official rules. We have a few that will be too many to name. i.e. use Flourishes stamps and you get counted twice, no combining challenges. Etc.!


Need some inspiration:



17 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Dawn! I actually like the look the fibers in the mulberry paper add to the image! Really neat design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW girl! This is awesome. I love the mulberry paper. Such a wonderful gift idea for Christmas too. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool... I bet this looks awesome lighted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOOOWEEE this is a STUNNER BEAUTIFUL Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the luminary that Linda had done and it is on my list of things to try. Great job with more inspiration for that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous make! Your luminary looks sooooooo lovely with the mulberry paper and silhouette (I probably misspelled that!) Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elegant! The mulberry fibers give an added festive flair.

    Sue C

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great project Dawn. That mulberry paper gives it so much interest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Love the look of this luminary! It will look fabulous at Christmas! I've never tried to stamp on mulberry paper. Who knew? Thanks for more inspiration Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so cute too! Love the mulberry paper with the silhouettes on it! Very sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your luminary is beautiful! I like the amount of texture that shows with the mulberry paper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Wow...you always have such inspiring ideas Dawn. How are you. I miss you. Wish we lived nearby. My youngest turned 18 today! How are you?

    ReplyDelete
  13. verrry stunning what a great inspiration!!!! thanks!
    xx petra

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful Dawn.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A really perfect idea for that image! Luminary lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have done some fantastic creations with the Flourishes New Releases! Each one a beautiful work of art!
    Blessings Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I actually have to give this tutorial a try after seeing the cute things both you and Amanda have done! This is darling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with me. I really appreciate it.. Have a great stamping day..