Friday, October 24, 2014

Power Poppy Friday Challenge


It's that time again..will you be our next Peep of the Week?  


I decided to try something just a little different this week.  I dug out and dusted off my watercolors.  After seeing Marcella's gorgeous watercoloring HERE last week I wanted to see if I remembered how.  I used Tim Holtz's reinkers. I also highlighted with some Stampin UP Markers. I always use hot pressed watercolor paper as I feel it holds the water on top longer and gives you more spreadability.



 I chose the newly released set called Bottle Brush Holiday. Marcella has me totally in love with bottle brush trees now too.  It brings back memories of Christmas traditions of long ago.  I really like these old fashioned glass bulbs. 
Check out what a few of the Bloom Brigade also have for you..

6 comments:

  1. I love the plaid! It's so warm and cozy...makes me want to curl up in front of a fire! Beautiful card Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have certainly not lost your watercoloring skills! This is a gorgeous card and the coloring is perfect in every sense! I love the papers & trims you chose too. This just reminds me of an old time card like we used to get when I was younger. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty!! I like the layers and papers they fit so well with this image and your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally remembered lady...this is lovely! Watercolours give such a beautiful effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh your coloring is absolutely brilliant. Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Dawn, I love this image, and using watercolor turned out beautifully! Just love the depth you've achieved and your beautiful DP with the twine! Stunning card, sweet friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with me. I really appreciate it.. Have a great stamping day..