Monday, October 20, 2014

Hope You Can Cling To Smash


I am finally carving out just a little bit of time to play in the Hope You Can Cling To challenge over on Splitcoaststampers. Today Power Poppy's own designer Julie is the hostess.   


Her challenge is to "Get Smooshed".  In the past 15 years, more than 200,000 breast cancer deaths have been averted thanks to that ground-breaking test we know and love -- the mammogram. With this challenge, help spread the word! All you need to do is try one of these fun Splitcoast tutorials (Ink,Spray,Smash or Acrylic Smash), make a card to inspire others and encourage those women you love to "smoosh or smash" and get that annual mammogram! 

I chose Beate's tutorial Acrylic Smash.

I used an acetate sheet on the back and stamped it with the Power Poppy's Frosted Gingerbread background stamp that comes with this set.  I used light pink acrylic paint and stamped on the acetate with Stazon ink.  I stamped the sentiment and cut out the word HOPE. I thought it was perfect for October.  

Head on over the SCS for all the details.  The master thread is HERE

4 comments:

  1. Dawn, this is just a gorgeous card! I LOVE that background and combined with your beautiful coloring, that gingerbread house looks good enough to eat! And, of course, the gingham ribbon just ties it up perfectly! Awesome card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Dawn, this is so beautiful, and I love why you made it for this wonderful cause we have all been so touched by! I love your amazing background using Beate's Acrylic Smash technique! Just love it!! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you played. This is so sweet and magical Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn, beautiful card, love the colours you've chosen, and for such a worthy and very important cause.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with me. I really appreciate it.. Have a great stamping day..