Monday, March 29, 2010

Birthday Blessings

Hope your Birthday gently breezes into your life all the choicest of things

                         and all that your heart holds dear



I wanted to create this card for the "Queen of The Day" over
at Splitcoaststampers.. Pat Smethers was chosen this week.
I had the privilege and honor of meeting Pat last Christmas. 

This image is a Sassy Cheryl's Image and available HERE.  She
is called the Birthday Gifter.

I just love her.  I am sending this to my stepmom along with the 
gift I made her below.  The border is a RAK from my friend
Kris and the ribbon is a RAK from my friend Nikki..

Sassy Cheryl's Sue


This is my "try something new" for the month of March.
 My friend Michelle and her mom are always making the
most beautiful quilts..  I tried my hand at quilting.. Don't 
look to close... These are my quilted pot holders.  I made
them for my step mom for her birthday.  I included 2
recipes and a chicken can cooker.  LOL  (it's a Southern
creation). 
Sues_edited-1

She is such a great step mom.. it is tough to come in and be a mom to 8 
kids..:)  She has been a blessing in my life.  
Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. Oh love the paper piecing!! Great job..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the large scallos along the top, Dawn! Great colours on the card and the image is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn BEAUTIFUL creation, LOVE your paper piecing and this GORGEOUS color combo....Great scallops too girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great paper piecing on your card, Dawn! Such a lovely card with great colors! WOW, you quilt now too. . .you're A-mazing! I'm sure your stepmom will feel so blessed by your gifts ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn! This is SUCH a cute card--great job paper piecing her dress! Love this girl image. And a beautiful job on your quilting too! Your stepmom is sure to love these--because they are beautiful but also because they came from a loving & thoughtful stepdaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! Those diagonal bands over the background add so much to this. Great idea. Love the image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful ans sweet card. The pot holders are great and good for you giving another try to something new. I am sure she will love them. You have 7 siblings... sheesh girlie! I would say it would be hard for her to come into that position.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dawn, oh my goodess, what an awesome card!!! I love the colors...and your coloring, GF, you've got me once again speechless!!! The paper piecing is perfection to the "T"...you are an Artist beyond measure!! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super sweet card and those pot holders are divine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable card. Your paper piecing is perfect. And I'm lovin' your pot holders. Great job on those. I'll bet your stepmom will cherish them forever. She sounds like a special lady!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just gorgeous!!! Love the colors. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors and your bow is fabulous Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  13. FABO card Dawn what a fun way to honor Pat!!! Your stepmom is gonna love this handcrafted gift!!! WTG for trying quilting!! Hus ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pot holders are fab and your card is lovely! I really like the bold colour choice! Warmest wishes, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous card Dawn! I like this image and your coloring!!!
    great quilting too, kudos to you for trying something new!
    blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! Great paper piecing and WOW...love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What's Shakin Bacon? Hi Dawn. How are you gf? I think of you often. I just love your creations. They always make me smile. I have not been able to make a card for Pat yet. I sure love that sweet girl and the paper you used is the best!!!! Love it. I think your quilted potholders are perfect. I love the fabric. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the colours of this card - very very pretty! The pot holders look great - very bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable card, Dawn! The image is so cute with your paper piecing and fabulous coloring. I would LOVE those quilted potholders in my kitchen! Your stepmom must have loved and appreciated them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super adorable. Great paper piecing on the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so sweet! Love the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute as can be!! Just love how your paper pieced her and your coloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with me. I really appreciate it.. Have a great stamping day..