Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Busy As A Bee


Gosh time gets away from me so quickly.  Yesterday I finally had time to sit down and stamp.  A few weeks ago I sliced off the end of my thumb with a mandolin slicer and have not been able to stamp or type very well.  If you have one always use the guard.  


I created this card using Power Poppy's new set called Good Thinking: Renewal Stamp Set.  I stamped the sentiment onto a tag and then crocheted my circle and added a button and felt leaves.  Easy as can be.  Not sure why it took me all morning to come up with this but it was time well spent.  I love all the sentiments in this set.  Renewal was the perfect name for it. 

I have been doing some outside gardening too.  This is a little refurbished projected I just completed in time for the deep freeze.  The flowers are not quite this pretty anymore.  My hubby found the chair at the Restore shop. He obliged me and cut a hole for a pot and I painted and painted.  It took me 3 coats to cover it. 


It looks pretty snazzy on my front porch.  I love Pinterest.  It has so many great projects.  My dad had given me one like this 15 years ago but the chair gave out.  
Hope you all have a blessed Easter.  

11 comments:

  1. Your card is darling & I LOVE the crocheted flower! I'm glad your finger is healed enough to crochet. And WOW, I ADORE that chair!!!! I could see that on my own front porch. I love the color of blue you painted it too! Awesome!! Happy Easter, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that your finger has healed and you were able to get crafty again. I must say, I have missed your crafty ideas! I love your card and I just love that chair you did.....you ALWAYS have such creative things to share. I love pinterest too!!!! Have a wonderful Easter and so nice to see you crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Dawn, I LOVE your card! And that crocheted circle around the button is darling! What a delight color combination of papers! And that chair is gorgeous and so worth the work! It must love fabulous on your front porch and remind you that spring is here!! Yay! It's so wonderful to see your blog post pop up now again! Sending love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Dawn. I just love the crochet flower. And what a fabulous chair! I just love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layers of paper Dawn and a perfect sentiment to match. Your chair turned out so cute. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this project you did -- man is it cute and colorful! Makes me want to go to Goodwill and see if I can pick up a chair! ;-) SOOOOO cute! I also adore the card with crocheted accent! I hope your thumb is getting back to normal -- I still say OUCH when I think of that! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love your chair! What a cute idea! Cute card too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card, Dawn! Love your chair, too. Hope your thumb heals up quickly - bummer! (I had no idea what a mandolin slicer was. I had to look it up:) )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch! I have cut myself on that same darn slicer, they are SHARP! Lesson learned, always use the guard. Why do we have to cut ourselves to learn that lesson? LOL I looooove your project, I really need to try something like that. Need to brighten up this place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is darling and makes me smile Dawn. The chair looks wonderful and 3 coats of paint is a good amount I agree. Cheerful colors girlie. Hope the thumb is doing better now. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now if I could just get that lucky to find a chair! I have a couple of blue ones that I've been wanting to use for a project just like this...but they have a square pine seat and my husband says the shape won't work. Good for you for making this...three coats is a lot! I am so sorry about your finger and hope it has healed up nicely. I think of you often and your Dad...wishing you all the best! Sorry it's taken me so long this time around.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with me. I really appreciate it.. Have a great stamping day..