Thursday, January 19, 2012

Porky Love

Porky Love

It is time for Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge.  This week the challenge is stitching.  It can be either faux stitching, real stitching or an embellishment with stitching.  This adorable little guy is called
You're Kinda Cute.  It is available over at Mo's Digital Pencil Store. I colored with Copics. I added a Dritz tape measure that has the same little pin cushion on it.  I stitched around the edges with my sewing machine.

A little hint about sewing around the edges.  Sew around the edge of your image at about a 1/4 of an inch from the edge.  Then trim right up to the stiching.  That way if your stitching is a little crooked you won't be able to tell.  Also change your needle often. The paper tends to dull the needle quickly. 

Thank you all so much for filling out my survey. I am going to leave it open just a little longer.  If you would like the chance for a $10 gift certificate head on over to THIS post and fill out the survey.  Then leave me a comment.  I will randomly select 3 winners on Saturday.  I will also be posting all the results. It has really been interesting.  You can only answer the survey once unless you change browsers.  :)

18 comments:

  1. Awwwww....love is blind for this little guy :) Fabulously coloured as always and love the heart DP :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another inspiring idea (don't change your blog!) That tape measure is such a great idea...perfect all round xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dawn...I just love this image. Your card is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that hedgehog is just darling, Dawn! Thanks for the tip on the sewing. I would love to sew on my cards, but I currently have no place to have a sewing machine out. When I want to sew I have to bring it out each time, so I tend to only bring it out when I want to quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Dawn! This card is adorable! I love the heart paper and the darling image! Fantastic coloring and the tape measure and button are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know why I always forget about this porcupine, he's precious!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors and your coloring are amazing!Such a fun image.
    So glad you got lots of replies for your survey

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable image, Dawn! And of course, you have used it to perfection:) Wonderful card. Love your stitching and the tape measure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So stinkin' cute! I love that image. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  10. So stinkin' cute! I love that image. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cutiie patootie as Pat would say , and i Love how you added the tape measure!! It just adds so much more to the card, it really gives it that extra punch.

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Dawn!! I always love your artwork!! Your card is absolutely so dang cute!! Love the Mo image...and how perfect for a "stitching" theme...love the measuring tape! Your coloring is stunning...as always! Oh...and thanks for the tips on stitching on cards! I'll be hollering for you when I need help (once I unpack my sewing machine, that is! hehe!) Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is one of the most adorable images/cards in a while....love the needle/needle connection....too cute....fabulously colored as always

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH what a cute image Dawn! Love the layout and your tape measure, button are perfect embellishments! He is the perfect little critter for the pin cushion! Had so much fun yesterday! Thanks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a fun image, and I love the way you've colored the fur on this little guy! Your work is always exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dawn, such a darling image and you always color it sooo cute. I came really close to useing this for the stitching theme. I saw it when I was hunting for my image :) Love the tape measure, perfect touch!!!Perfect as always

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really cute image done so cleverly. The coloring of the hedge hog is exceptional. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This little guy has to be one of my favorites. He looks so forlorn at his pin cushion "friend".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with me. I really appreciate it.. Have a great stamping day..