Thursday, October 28, 2010

Free Rides

Witch up close_edited-1

I am winding down with my challenges over at Mo's Digital Pencil's Challenge Blog.  I hope you have time to join me this week.  As the leaves start to turn and the weather has a cool chill (unless you live in North Carolina where it is 86 degrees) your mind turns to the change of seasons. My challenge this week is to pick a season and create a  card or project.  
witches hat
I am not all that fond of witches but this one from Mo's store is too cute to spook. She is called Halloween Witch and is available HERE.. The sign is from the Bethy's Wagon Kit and it is available HERE.


I colored her using the copic colors C1,C3,C5, C7.  Lots of blending and adding the colors. The pumpkin is colored with the YR copic colors.  I decided to create a hat for her to sit on.. Just crumpled some designer paper and added some beaded wire spiders.. Want to see a fantastic tutorial for these spiders check it out HERE

The ribbon is from CardBlanc over at her Etsy Store.. Check out all her great stuff HERE. I love her ribbon and all the other things she carries..

22 comments:

  1. Awesome, Dawn! I mean, I really don't know what to say, because I am in awe. Your coloring is always so amazing, girl :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Love how you colored her. The pumkin's face looks like it is glowing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute and not scary. Beautiful coloring.... Okay did you make the hat? that is so cool and looks like a dawn *project* :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love your card, and that witches hat looks absolutely brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! THis is super cute!!! I love this and would be an AWESOME centerpiece!!! Your coloring of your witch is really amazing!!! Love the whole thing! I really love Halloween stuff!!!
    TFS!
    ~Heidi Brawley

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!! This is just fabulous. I love this hat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! That is one FANTASTIC hat!! I love your coloring and fun image!! That sentiment is so fun!! :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very, very awesome, Dawn! Love the witch and love the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a great fan of witches either but this one is fabulous...and what a fantastic job you've done on the hat!! Going to be brave now and take a look at those spiders!!! Eeeek!!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is absolutely adorable and not spooky at all....and your masterful coloring just brought her to life...wowza

    ReplyDelete
  11. The hat is just amazing. So beautifly done. Love how you say it...I just take some paper... and ooopsss come such an amazing hat, you are very talented for sure!
    Fantastic project Dawn.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dawn, what an awesome witches hat, and that little witch is too cute and colored perfectly, as always! Thanks for the wonderful challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute project Dawn.. I {heart the hat} and sweet image..Your coloring is beautiufl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you are the next Martha! Yep..move over Martha...here comes DAWN! You create so many unique and cute things! I am not a huge fan of Halloween...but you have put the cuteness back into it!!! I love how you did this hat with those little spiders!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dawn, That hat is wonderful! I love those leggy spiders, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is about as cute as it gets. So spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Terrific card Dawn and she is a lovely witch. Wow that hat is gorgeous, you are so clever.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a neat idea to make this a hat ornament. I really like how you colored the dress black without losing the detail of the image.

    ReplyDelete
  19. She is absolutely adorable Dawn. I just love the highlighting in your coloring. The hat is incredible. I love the crumpled look on it. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dawn oh my goodness I LOVE this, SOOOOO ADORABLE and soo super fun!! That hat is fantastic and she is GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with me. I really appreciate it.. Have a great stamping day..