Saturday, December 12, 2009

Saturday Spotlight Challenge 11

SSHP11DawnB2.b
I created this card for the Saturday Spotlight With Hidden Potential Challenge this week.  The image is from Mo's Digital Pencil..  The template for this stocking is from
Whimsie Doodles.. She has some terrific templates.  My favorite music is old Christmas Hymns.. The kind you sing in church on Christmas Eve.  In general I like oldies music too but at Christmas time I look forward to the music that reminds us of the reason for this season.



For this week's challenge.....

The Spotlight Divas would like to challenge you to create something with the music in your soul! What do we mean? What is your favorite style of music? Is it country, rock, opera, Christmas music, or the oldies? Whatever your "music style", show us what it is on your creations! E.g.: Use a cowboy image for "country music", etc....get creative with it! Perhaps you can just create a "musical masterpiece"!

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

For our Spotlight sponsor this week we have...




**One lucky winner from our challenge in Mister Linky this week drawn from random.org will receive these two fabulous images from the store!!** We got a combination of "country music" and the "beach boy" theme covered with these images!! LOL!!










Cathy from Paper Garden is graciously donating a store discount this week for the Saturday Spotlight readers. Check the Spotlight blog for the special code!!

Now how cool is THAT?!! Hurry and go shopping!!

Cathy has also created a special card JUST for this challenge too!! Go to the Saturday Spotlight blog to check it out along with all the other Spotlight Diva creations!! :)

So what do you say?!! Sounds easy, right? I can't wait to see what you come up with!! Turn on those tunes, get out your crafty supplies and play along with us!! We're singing your song!!! :)


BTW: This will be our last challenge of the year over at Saturday Spotlight. We will announce the winners for the Top 3 and random drawing on Dec. 18th at 3:00 PM (CST) and we will be back next year on January 2nd, 2010 to start another full and FUN year of Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential challenges just for YOU!! Thanks for making this such a fun year!!

***************************************************************




17 comments:

  1. What a creative Stocking Dawn!! Love your dp choices and your design!! That image of Mo's is too cute!! Great coloring as always. Have a great weekend!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn!! Oh I just ADORE this!! The stocking shaped creaton is just adorable!! I really adore your coloring anyway...it's so flawless no matter what image you use, but these Mo digis are so sweet!! :) Fabulous take on the muscial challenge hun!! Have a great weekend!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!
    wow again!
    i should be able to come up with more things to say - but --- i'm rendered speechless dawn! this is super WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas carols are pretty high on the list every one gets do happy when they are sung great stocking

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH Dawn ... I just LOVE this stocking card! How awesome!! I'm going to jump right over and check out those templates!! Of course your coloring gets better & better with each card I see and I really like the black/white gingham holder/ribbon ... PERFECT!!!
    I have to agree with you on the love of old time Christmas music. I especially enjoyed the holiday music when I was in the church choir with my Mom. But I also love hearing the old timers like Bing Crosby, Burl Ives, etc.
    Thanks for your kind words on my blog ... I must say that although our year was pretty rocky ... the highlights for me were meeting some of my new friends IRL! I think you & I could have gone on talking into the night the way we were headed... LOL!! How wonderful to meet someone for the first time and feel so comfortable with the ... like long lost friends who have linked up again after a long absence! I cherish your friendship ... blessing to you & your beautiful family this holiday season and on into 2010!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn, girl, this is so GORGEOUS!!! I love, love, love the stocking card and that image is just tooo sweet!!! Aamzing coloring as always. You are sure getting me in the spirit with this beauty!!!! Hugs and blessigns, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is that cute image again :D Great stocking! Love the notes across the top and the bow is yummy. Great job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable! This image just makes me smile because I can imagine our dogs accompanying us (especially when I sing!) and your coloring is perfect to maximize the image's cuteness. Love the stocking shape, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, Dawn - another fabulous creation! I sure love looking at your wonderful works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card Dawn,i love your image and colours.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWWW Dawn this is truly ADORABLE!!!!!! I love your stocking and all those deets look gorgeous!!!!!! I love love love your take on this challenge!!! Big Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my!! Love the stocking card idea...so, so cute! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This made me laugh...we had a gentleman singing behind us in church tonight...and let's just say her little companion howling along is about the way it went. I love Christmas hymns and feel transported right to heaven's throne when we are singing in church. This is the most adorable card and I love the stocking template, Dawn!! Love this !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is adorable with the stocking template Dawn. I checked them out, they do have neat templates. Thanks for sharing, I favorited the site. Cute digis too. I love how you did your ribbon with the heart. Nicely done. Thinking of you.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Dawn - I think Mo's Digitals are designed just for you - they are so perfect for your style!! I love your colouring and the layout's you use - they are always so perfect!! Thanks for sharing Dawn - enjoy your week and your music - there is nothing like a Christmas Hymn - love them too! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! What a fun project. Your coloring is stunning!!--So much depth to it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is so fun! This Mo image is perfect for the challenge Dawn, love the stocking shape!!!!
    Beautiful!!!
    Blessings, maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with me. I really appreciate it.. Have a great stamping day..