Friday, October 23, 2009

Apple Dumplings

Today I created just for fun.. I had made this apple basket and thought this image was
perfect for the image. I cut out the little strips and weaved them in and out..
Then I sponged on some Chocolate Chip ink on the edges.  I colored in my sweet 
Tania Baking from Belle's N Whistles for the front of the basket.  This was for the LSC which was to make
a "girlie" card and for my little group of sistahs on SCS which was to use apples, red,
brown and gold.

I have a recipe for you to try.. It is my MIL's secret apple dumplin recipe..It is so yummy
I made it yesterday.
Apple Dumplings
2 c. sugar
2 c. water
1/4 tsp cinnamon and nutmeg
1/4 c. butter
Mix together to make syrup. Set aside
Pare 6 apples and then make crust:
2 c. flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 c. shortening
1/2 c. milk
Sift flour, salt and baking powder, cut in shortening.  Add milk
and mix
Roll crust 1/4 in think and cut into 5 in. squares.
Add apples in the middle with a tsp of butter and little bit of cinnamon
and sugar.  Fold corners to the center and pinch edges together
Place 1 in apart in greased pan.  Pour syrup over them and bake
at 375 for 35 minutes.  ( I did mine longer as I don't like crunchy apples)

It is so easy and so good.  The syrup will be thin but it thickens as it cooks and cools. 



17 comments:

  1. Fantastic Dawn! Very creative, unique and totally cute! I am telling you... DD is in your future girlie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummy sounding recipe! I love apples this time of year! Your basket is out of this world cute! Love the image too... did you get her last week? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, Dawn, I am blown away by your creativity!!! This is just way cool!!!. The basket looks stunning and your coloring on the apple and the image is fantastic to say the least. Another masterpiece my friend. Oh, before I forget, I am with Stacy, they will come and snatch you up :D:D:D That recipe looks good too ;D. Hugs and have a wonderful weekend, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Dawn...the coloring the combination of the design...fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! You are just so amazing! Love this...it's just perfect! And your recipe sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh holy cow lady!!! What a scrupmtious idea!! You're so clever Dawn!! And boy does this recipe make me hungry!! :) LOVE everything about this hun!!! AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. waw lovely projet,i love that kind of stamps, for me they are so sweet, i love your coluring ,
    hugssssss
    helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. The recipe sounds delicious and the card certainly is! So very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So that's what you were baking, oh yummy...I am definitely trying this but maybe not as many!!
    I saw your card in the gallery and so glad I stopped by to see you here!! Love your basket and the little girl imaage, and your apple dumpling looks beyond heavenly!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowee Dawn This card is just gorgeous!! BTW I'm coming to you house to eat!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! This is just beautiful!! I LOVE your basket and that little girl image is perfect! Those apple dumplings look awesome...will definitely have to try that recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooohhhh she's so pretty, and wow, your basket full of apples card is so unique, LOVE it! Fantastic card...and Mmmm, I'll have to try that recipe out, thanks! Have a wonderful weekend! ~Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous DAwn!! I just love the basket you created in the background and the gorgeous coloring of that adorable image!! Too cute and creative girl!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dawn, what a fabulous little apple basket. Your recipie sounds so yummy. I'm going to have to give it a try. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with me. I really appreciate it.. Have a great stamping day..